The Australasian Horror Writers Association announced the winners of the 2019 Australian Shadows Awards on June 6.
The Australian Shadows Awards celebrate the finest in horror and dark fiction published by an Australasian within the calendar year. Works are judged on the overall effect of a work—the skill, delivery, and lasting resonance. Eligible genres/sub-genres include horror, dark fiction, dark fantasy, and paranormal fiction.
- Served Cold by Alan Baxter
- Midnight Echo #14 edited by Deborah Sheldon
- DCeased written by Tom Taylor
THE ROCKY WOOD AWARD FOR NON-FICTION AND CRITICISM
- The Danse Macabre by Kyla Lee Ward
PAUL HAINES AWARD FOR LONG FICTION
- Supermassive Black Mass by Matthew R. Davis
- Taxonomy of Captured Roses by Hester J. Rook
- Steadfast Shadowsong by Matthew R. Davis
- Shepherd by Catherine Jinks