The Australasian Horror Writers Association announced the 2020 Australian Shadows Awards winners today.
The juried award is given in eight categories for work by an Australasian author that has horror/dark fiction content either as a focal point or an integral element of the work, and the intent of the work must be to disturb or inspire fear in the reader. Eligible genres/sub-genres include horror, dark fiction, dark fantasy, and paranormal fiction.
- This Soundless Murk by Hester J Rook (The Future Fire)
- Exploration of Menstruation in Horror and Dark Fiction by Tabatha Wood
- Hellblazer: Rise and Fall, by Tom Taylor & Darick Robertson (DC Comics)
- Midnight Echo issue 15, (ed. Lee Murray, AHWA)
- The Heart is a Mirror for Sinners by Angela Slatter (PS Publishing)
- “Brumation” by Anthony Ferguson (Midnight Echo Issue 15, ed. Lee Murray, AHWA)
- “By Touch and By Glance” by Lisa L Hannett (Songs for Dark Seasons, Ticonderoga Publications)
- Deception Pass by Matthew Tait (Dark Crib)