The winner of the 2020 sf-Lit Award has been announced:
- Shape Me by Melanie Vogltanz.
The award has been handed out by the German website sf-Lit.de (“Die Seite für Science-Fiction-Literatur”) since 2016 and is open to all works of SF that have been first published in German in the previous year, regardless of the author’s nationality or language.
The works on the award’s 2020 shortlist were —
- Margaret Atwood — Die Zeuginnen – [“The Testaments”] (Piper)
- C. Robert Cargill — Robo Sapiens – [“Sea of Rust”] (Heyne)
- Marie Graßhoff — Neon Birds (Lübbe)
- Simon Stålenhag — The Electric State [“Passagen”] (Fischer Tor)
- Jodi Taylor — Miss Maxwells kurioses Zeitarchiv [“Just One Damned Thing After Another”] (Blanvalet)
- Melanie Vogltanz — Shape Me
[Thanks to Cora Buhlert for the story.]