Best-selling authors and Splatterpunk Awards founders Wrath James White and Brian Keene announced the winners of the 2020 Splatterpunk Awards on August 8 during the virtual KillerCon. The awards honor superior achievement for works published in 2019 in the sub-genres of Splatterpunk and Extreme Horror. An image of the award trophy, which might be a little strong for young viewers, is here.
- Lakehouse Infernal by Christine Morgan (Deadite Press)
- One For the Road by Wesley Southard (Deadite Press)
BEST SHORT STORY
- “Angelbait” by Ryan Harding (from The Big Book of Blasphemy, Necro Publications)
- Dirty Rotten Hippies and Other Stories by Bryan Smith (Grindhouse Press)
- And Hell Followed, edited by Jarod Barbee and Patrick C. Harrison III (Death’s Head Press)
J.F. Gonzalez Lifetime Achievement Award
- Edward Lee, author and editor
Honoring his significant contributions to the sub-genres of Splatterpunk and Extreme Horror. Previous recipients are David J. Schow and David G. Barnett.
Wrath James White has complicated many of my websearches.
So KillerCon has their Con set up so that you fill out a form to register and click on the link that opens the Zoom app. And you’re there. Great video, fantastic audio. See CoNZealand, it can be done.
Unfair comparison. Killercon is using ONE Zoom room for ALL their live events. CoNZealand had up to eight(?) concurrent Zooms.
The challenges of scaling up are very real. Please don’t underestimate them.
Soon Lee: CoNZealand had up to eight(?) concurrent Zooms.
And not only had to tie membership permissions to Zoom, but also to Grenadine, Discord, and The Fantasy Network.