The six works nominated for the 2022 Philip K. Dick Award were announced by the judges and the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society, along with the Philip K. Dick Trust on January 11.
- Defekt by Nino Cipri (Tordotcom Publishing)
- Plague Birds by Jason Sanford (Apex Book Company)
- Bug by Giacomo Sartori, translated by Frederika Randall (Restless Books)
- Far From the Light of Heaven by Tade Thompson (Orbit)
- The Escapement by Lavie Tidhar (Tachyon Publications)
- Dead Space by Kali Wallace (Berkley Books)
First prize and any special citations will be announced on Friday, April 15, 2022 at Norwescon 44. Plans for the ceremony will be posted here when they are available.
The Philip K. Dick Award is presented annually with the support of the Philip K. Dick Trust for distinguished science fiction published in paperback original form in the United States during the previous calendar year.
The award is sponsored by the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society and the Philip K. Dick Trust and the award ceremony is sponsored by the Northwest Science Fiction Society.? ?
The judges are John P. Murphy, Kelly Robson, David Sandner, Allen Steele, and Molly Tanzer (Chair).
Last year’s winner was Road Out Of Winter by Alison Stine (Mira) with a special citation to The Book Of Koli by M. R. Carey (Orbit).