The Booker Prize 2022 longlist includes four books of genre interest, titles shown in boldface.
The list also includes the historical novel Booth by Karen Joy Fowler, a writer with a deep resume of sff works.
- Audrey Magee, The Colony (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)
- Selby Wynn Schwartz, After Sappho (Liveright)
- NoViolet Bulawayo, Glory (Viking)
- Claire Keegan, Small Things Like These (Grove Press)
- Leila Mottley, Nightcrawling (Knopf)
- Maddie Mortimer, Maps of our Spectacular Bodies (Scribner)
- Graeme Macrae Burnet, Case Study (Biblioasis)
- Alan Garner, Treacle Walker (4th Estate, HarperCollins)
- Percival Everett, The Trees (Graywolf Press)
- Hernan Diaz, Trust (Riverhead Books)
- Shehan Karunatilaka, The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida (Sort Of Books)
- Elizabeth Strout, Oh William! (Random House)
- Karen Joy Fowler, Booth (G.P. Putnam’s Sons)
The shortlist will be unveiled on September 6, and the winner will be announced on October 17.