NED KELLY AWARDS SHORTLIST
The Australian Crime Writers Association (ACWA) has announced the shortlist for the 2022 Ned Kelly Awards.
The Ned Kelly Awards are Australia’s oldest and most prestigious prizes for crime fiction and true crime writing, established in 1995.
The shortlisted titles in each category are:
BEST DEBUT CRIME FICTION
- Sweet Jimmy by Bryan Brown(A&U)
- Shadow Over Edmund Street by Suzanne Frankham(Journey to Words Publishing)
- Cutters End by Margaret Hickey(Penguin)
- Banjawarn by Josh Kemp(UWA Publishing)
BEST TRUE CRIME
- The Mother Wound by Amani Haydar(Macmillan)
- Larrimah by Caroline Graham & Kylie Stevenson(A&U)
- Banquet: The untold story of Adelaide’s family murders by Debi Marshall(Vintage)
- A Witness of Fact by Drew Rooke(Scribe)
BEST INTERNATIONAL CRIME FICTION
- Case Study by Graeme Macrae Burnet(Text)
- The Heron’s Cry by Ann Cleeves(Macmillan)
- The Maid by Nita Prose(HarperCollins)
- Cry Wolf by Hans Rosenfeldt(HarperCollins)
BEST CRIME FICTION
- The Enemy Within by Tim Ayliffe(S&S)
- The Others by Mark Brandi(Hachette)
- You Had it Coming by B M Carroll(Profile Books)
- The Chase by Candice Fox(Bantam)
- Kill Your Brother by Jack Heath(A&U)
- The Family Doctor by Debra Oswald(A&U)
- The Deep by Kyle Perry(Michael Joseph).
BLOODY SCOTLAND SCOTTISH CRIME DEBUT OF THE YEAR SHORTLIST
The finalists for the 2022 Bloody Scotland Scottish Crime Debut of the Year have been revealed.
Eligible writers must either be born in Scotland or living there, and setting their books there.
The winner is awarded a cheque of £500 and a trophy sponsored by The Glencairn Glass.
The shortlisted books are:
- Tariq Ashkanani, Welcome to Cooper (Thomas & Mercer, Amazon)
- Frankie Boyle, Meantime (John Murray)
- Amanda Mitchison, The Wolf Hunters (Fledgling Press)
- George Paterson, The Girl, The Crow, The Writer and The Fighter (Into Books)
- Sarah Smith, Hear No Evil (Two Roads)
[Thanks to Cora Buhlert for the links.]