New Ellison works are being released in May by Skyboat Media and HarlanEllisonBooks.com.
Right now Skyboat Media is distributing copies of the full cast audiobook of Harlan Ellison’s City on the Edge of Forever to Kickstarter donors. The recording goes on sale later this month.
May 1, 2016
We have completed the Backers’ Version of the production and it begins to distribute to them exclusively this week, before it goes on sale on this website later in the month. Click here for the Full Cast List.
To clarify, this book contains Harlan Ellison’s original teleplay; NOT the one eventually filmed. This is the episode which won the Writers’ Guild Award for best dramatic hour-long script. The filmed teleplay also won Harlan a Hugo Award. The book also contains Harlan’s Essay on the controversy backstory, and several tributes from his colleagues.
THE FULL CAST LIST
Harlan Ellison reads the Perils of the City (Introductory Essay)
March 21, 1966 Robert Forster
May 13, 1966 Orson Scott Card
Captain James T. Kirk John Rubinstein
Mr. Spock Scott Brick
Edith Keeler Jean Smart
The Guardian of Forever Stefan Rudnicki
The Trooper Harlan Ellison
Dr. McCoy/The Orator Richard Gilliland
Beckwith Richard McGonagle
LeBeque Alex Hyde-White
Janice Rand Judy Young
The Cook Jim Meskimen
The Janitor/Renegade Paul Boehmer
Transporter Chief Larry Nemecek
Crew Member Veronica Scott
Tricorder Gabrielle de Cuir
THE SCREENPLAY NARRATORS
Prologue LeVar Burton
Act One David Gerrold
Act Two Paul Boehmer
Act Three Jim Meskimen
Act Four Richard Gilliland
Epilogue Jean Smart
2nd Revised Final Draft Stefan Rudnicki
PETER DAVID Stefan Rudnicki
D.C. FONTANA D. C. Fontana
DAVID GERROLD David Gerrold
DeFOREST KELLEY Richard Gilliland
WALTER KOENIG Stefan Rudnicki
LEONARD NIMOY LeVar Burton
MELINDA M. SNODGRASS Bonnie MacBird
GEORGE TAKEI Alex Hyde-White
THE ESSAYS (Original Material for the Audio Edition each narrated by the author)
Ryan C. Britt
Richard J. Brewer
HarlanEllisonBooks.com, has a pair of new collections on sale:
Esper In 1968, Harlan Ellison wrote a detailed treatment for a TV movie intended to spawn a series. Readers of Stephen King’s 1979 novel THE DEAD ZONE might wonder if Harlan Ellison could see the future…
The Tigers Are Loose Inspired by the practice of the psychiatrist who treated mass murderer Richard Speck after his capture, this teleplay for an unproduced 1975 movie-of-the-week highlights Harlan Ellison’s ability to deliver a suspenseful thriller despite the unwillingness of NBC’s censors to allow violence on the network’s air.
Previously Uncollected Non-Fiction:
- Infamy, Infamy, They’ve All Got it in fa Me!
- Ask Uncle Harlan (a short-lived column)
- Strangers in a Strange Land
- Struggling for Interior Logic
- The Brides of Sheckenstein
- Tolerable Terror, or To Read Him Is to Fear Him
- The Pitch (a short-lived column)
- An Untitled, Yet Antagonistic, Essay of Approximately 2700 Contumelious but Logical Words (previously unpublished)
- The Streets (a short-lived column)
- Abiding with Sturgeon: The Minstral in the Bijou
- Ellison’s Folly, or Horrors in the House of Glass
- The Captain of Fate
- I Had a Thought Today (a short-lived column)
- …and more
The cover photo on this volume of Brain Movies was taken by William Rotsler, and the portrait of Ellison on the second book is by Steve Barber (you can see more of Steve’s work here.)
Jason Davis, editor of HarlanEllisonBooks.com says for the time being these two books will be sold as a set, and will contain bonus material for those who purchase them in the first month of release
The price for the set is $80 plus shipping. Davis further explains —
For many reasons (all of which are detailed here), this release will be different from our previous solicitations:
- We will be taking pre-orders (which will commence as soon as Harlan’s approved the proofs).
- The pre-orders will be fulfilled by HarlanEllisonBooks.com rather than CreateSpace or Amazon.
- The pre-ordered books will contain material that WILL NOT be included IF we offer the books via Amazon or other distributors.