The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA) has released their newest fantasy StoryBundle. The “Magic and Mayhem” Bundle is only available from October 13 to November 4, 2021 and can be purchased here: https://storybundle.com/fantasy.
StoryBundles are curated collections of books offered at a steeply discounted price. This collection features fourteen books from independent and small press fantasy writers that span the sub-genres of fantasy while showcasing magic-induced mayhem, from the hilarious to the horrible and everything in between.
J. Scott Coatsworth, chair of the SFWA Self-Publishing Committee, said, “We’ve significantly expanded our StoryBundle efforts this past year, and we’re delighted that the books in ‘Magic and Mayhem’ reflect so well the wide variety and the high quality of self-published, indie, and small press speculative fiction available today.”
The “Magic and Mayhem” StoryBundle is the result of an open submission call made by SFWA in the late spring of 2021, with books selected by the SFWA Self-Publishing Committee. The list of books is as follows:
- By the Pact by Joanna Maciejewska
- Sekhmet’s Desire by Nova Blake
- Tales of the Thief-City by Gareth Lewis
- The Last God of Earth by A.J. Vanderpoel
- Darkmage by ML Spencer
- Playing with Fire: a Magical Romantic Comedy by R.J. Blain
- Ragnarok Unwound by Kristin Jacques
- Cutie and the Beast by E.J. Russell
- Phaethon by Rachel Sharp
- Quincy Harker, Year One by John G. Hartness
- Once Stolen by D. N. Bryn
- Last Sword in the West by Ryan Kirk
- Lady Changeling by Ken Altabef
- 9 Tales of Raffalon by Matthew Hughes
Questions about the StoryBundle can be directed to the Self-Publishing Committee at storybundle@SFWA.org.
[Based on a press release.]