The finalists for the 2023 Mike Resnick Memorial Award for the best unpublished science fiction short story by a new author were announced on July 20.
The award is sponsored by Galaxy’s Edge (published by Arc Manor) and Dragon Con. The winner will be announced at Dragon Con during the annual Dragon Awards ceremony.
FINALISTS FOR THE 2023 AWARD
- “For the Great and Immortal” by Daniel Burnbridge (South Africa)
- “Spare Parts” by M. Thomas Diskint (Unknown)
- “Just Another Day” by Cecilia Kang (Singapore)
- “Lag” by Pierre-Alexandre Sicart (Taiwan)
- “Deep Sadness” by Sophia Tao (United States)
The first-place winner will get a trophy, a cash award of $250 and have their story bought (at the magazine’s prevailing rate) by Galaxy’s Edge for publication in the magazine. The second-place winner will be given a prize of $100 and the third-place winner a prize of $50.
The members of the finalist judging panel were Nancy Kress, Sheree Renée Thomas, Jody Lynn Nye, Lois McMaster Bujold, and William B. Fawcett.