The 2022 Tähtivaeltaja (“Star Rover”) Award finalists have been posted. The award, sponsored by the Helsinki Science Fiction Society, goes to the best science fiction book published in Finland in the previous year.
- Anne-Maija Aalto: Mistä valo pääsee sisään (Otava)
- Kazuo Ishiguro: Klara ja aurinko (Klara and the Sun; Translated into Finnish by Helene Bützow.)(Tammi)
- N. K. Jemisin: Viides vuodenaika (The Fifth Season; Translated into Finnish by Mika Kivimäki.)(Jalava)
- Marc-Uwe Kling: QualityLand (QualityLand; Translated into Finnish by Sanna van Leeuwen.) (Like)
- Yoko Ogawa: Muistipoliisi (Hisoyaka na Kessho; The Memory Police; Translated into Finnish by Markus Juslin.)(Tammi)
The nominees were selected by a jury composed of journalist Hannu Blommila, editor Toni Jerrman, critic Elli Leppä, and critic Kaisa Ranta. The winner will be announced in April-May.