Smofcon 30 will be held next year in Philadelphia, November 30-December 2, 2012. (Although no longer breaking news, I wanted to get it on record here for future reference.)
Smofcon 30’s theme will be “Building a Winning Team: The Right Player for the Right Position.” They’ll explore how to create and keep an organizing committee for every size convention and associated tasks such as:
- defining the skill sets needed for a particular job
- identifying a person’s skill sets (people, data management, logistics & planning, money handling, marketing and publications, computer and internet, theatrical, etc)
- matching people to jobs to get the most enthusiasm and effort
- keeping a geographically diverse committee together
- evaluating yourself – figuring out which convention job(s) you’re best for
The 2012 Smofcon committee is: Joni Brill Dashoff, Laurie Mann, Ben Yalow, Todd Dashoff and Jim Mann.
Memberships cost $50 until February 29; $60 (3/1-9/30); $75 (10/1 and at door).
Smofcon 30 information is also available via Facebook and Twitter.