The Subjective Chaos Kind of Awards 2021 is another set of honors from a collection of book critics, in this case –
- Adri, from Nerds of a Feather.
- Anna, from There’s Always Room for One More.
- Arina, from The Bookwyrm’s Guide to the Galaxy and Queen’s Asylum
- Fabienne, from Libri Draconis and Grimdark Magazine.
- Jonny, from Parsecs & Parchment.
- Kris, from Cloaked Creators.
- L.A., from Aquavenatus.
- Lisa, from Dear Geek Place.
- Matt aka Womble, from Runalongtheshelves.
- Noria, from Chronicles of Noria.
- Sean, from Nerds of a Feather.
- Sun, from Twitter and Dreamwidth.
- THE ONCE AND FUTURE WITCHES by Alix E. Harrow
- THE MIDNIGHT BARGAIN by C. L. Polk
- COMET WEATHER by Liz Williams
- THE WOLF OF OREN-YARO by K. S. Villoso
- BLACK SUN by Rebecca Roanhorse
- THE HOUSE IN THE CERULEAN SEA by T. J. Klune
BEST SCIENCE FICTION
- DEAL WITH THE DEVIL by Kit Rocha
- NOPHEK GLOSS by Essa Hansen
- THE VANISHED BIRDS by Simon Jiminez
- GOLDILOCKS by Laura Lam
- THE SPACE BETWEEN WORLDS by Micaiah Johnson
- REPO VIRTUAL by Corey J. White
BEST BLURRED BOUNDARIES
- THE BONE SHARD DAUGHTER by Andrea Stewart
- INTERIOR CHINATOWN by Charles Yu
- THE CITY WE BECAME by N. K. Jemisin
- MEXICAN GOTHIC by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- HARROW THE NINTH by Tamsin Muir
- A SONG OF WRAITHS AND RUIN by Roseanne A. Brown
- LEGENDBORN by Tracy Deonn
- THE SCAPEGRACERS by Hannah Abigail Clarke
- CEMETERY BOYS by Aiden Thomas
- RAYBEARER by Jordan Ifueko
- THE YEAR OF THE WITCHING by Alexis Henderson
- DOMINION OF THE FALEN by Alliette de Bodard
- ISLANDS OF BLOOD AND STORM by Kacen Callender
- SWEET BLACK WAVES by Kristina Perez
- THE POPPY WAR by R. F. Kuang
- DAEVABAD by S. A. Chakraborty
- WITCHES OF LYCHFORD by Paul Cornell
- UPRIGHT WOMEN WANTED by Sarah Gailey
- THE FOUR PROFOUND WEAVES by R. B. Lemberg
- THE EMPRESS OF SALT AND FORTUNE by Nghi Vo
- RIOT BABY by Tochi Onyebuchi
- SWEET HARMONY by Claire North
- RING SHOUT by P. Djeli Clark
BEST SHORT STORY
- TIGER LAWYER GETS IT RIGHT by Sarah Gailey (in Escape Pod: the Science Fiction Anthology)
- CONVERGENCE IN CHAOS ARCHITECTURE by Dare Segun Falowo (in Dominion: An Anthology of Speculative Fiction From Africa and the African Diaspora)
- IN KIND by Kayla Whaley (in Vampires Never Get Old: Tales with Fresh Bite)
- VOLUMES by Laura Duerr (in Cast of Wonders 435)
- YOU PERFECT, BROKEN THING by C. L. Clark (in Uncanny Magazine 32)
- YELLOW AND THE PERCEPTION OF REALITY by Maureen F. McHugh (at tor.com)
- JUICE LIKE WOUNDS by Seanan McGuire (at tor.com)