The seventh issue of Uncanny Magazine will be available on November 3. (Ursula Vernon has a story in the issue — “Wooden Feathers.”)
The entire contents can be purchased in the eBook version on the day of release.
Uncanny’s free online content will be released in two stages, half on November 3 and half on December 1.
This is the first issue to be partially funded from the magazine’s Year Two Kickstarter appeal.
Uncanny Magazine Issue 7 Table of Contents
- “The Archivist” by Julie Dillon
- “The Uncanny Valley” by Lynne M. Thomas & Michael Damian Thomas (11/3)
- “Wooden Feathers” by Ursula Vernon (11/3)
- “And the Balance in Blood” by Elizabeth Bear (A Novelette) (11/3)
- “A Call to Arms for Deceased Authors’ Rights” by Karin Tidbeck (12/1)
- “Interlingua” by Yoon Ha Lee (12/1)
- “I Seen the Devil” by Alex Bledsoe (12/1)
- “Love Will Tear Us Apart” by Alaya Dawn Johnson (11/3)
- “The Call of the Sad Whelkfins: The Continued Relevance of How To Suppress Women’s Writing” by Annalee Flower Horne and Natalie Luhrs (11/3)
- “Please, Judge This Book by Its Cover” by Aidan Moher (11/3)
- “The Alien Says Don’t Take Your Meds: Neurodiversity and Mental Health Treatment in TV SF/F” by Tansy Rayner Roberts (12/1)
- “Everyone Has a Ghost Story” by Deborah Stanish (12/1)
- “The Thirteenth Child” by Mari Ness (11/3)
- “Something Different from Either” by Sonya Taaffe(11/3)
- “Aboard the Transport Tesoro” by Lisa M. Bradley (12/1)
- Yoon Ha Lee interviewed by Deborah Stanish (12/1)
- Alex Bledsoe interviewed by Deborah Stanish (12/1)
Podcast 7A (11/3)
- “Wooden Feathers” by Ursula Vernon, as read by Amal El-Mohtar
- “The Thirteenth Child” by Mari Ness, as read by Erika Ensign
- Ursula Vernon Interviewed by Deborah Stanish
Podcast 7B (12/1)
- “A Call to Arms for Deceased Authors’ Rights” by Karin Tidbeck, as read by Erika Ensign
- “Aboard the Transport Tesoro” by Lisa M. Bradley, as read by Amal El-Mohtar
- Karin Tidbeck Interviewed by Deborah Stanish
Lynne M. Thomas and Michael Damian Thomas, are Uncanny Magazine’s Editors-in-Chief and Publishers. Michi Trota is Managing Editor.