Several memorial celebrations for Hugh Daniel are in the works. Daniel died on June 3 from an apparent heart problem.
There will be a Celebration of Life in Pacifica, CA on June 23, a celebration in Ann Arbor, MI on August 24, and a memorial in July at the Ohm2013.org conference in the Netherlands.
The family will send Daniel’s remains into space aboard a Celestis flight in the fourth quarter 2014.
See full details after the jump.
[Thanks to Bill Higgins for the story.]
Celebrating Hugh Daniel’s Life
When: Sunday, June 23rd **
Time: 4 – 8 p.m.
Where: Beach & Pacifica Community Center (We’re starting at the beach, so dress accordingly)
540 Crespi Dr., Pacifica, California
(corner of Hwy 1 and Crespi Dr.)
1. It’s a potluck, so bring a dish to share. We do not have an alcohol permit, so please feel free to toast to Hugh at home. We’ll provide water – some will have caffeine, sugar, artificial coloring and/or fizz. There is a kitchen where you can refrigerate, microwave, bake or stew (but no pots et.al.).
2. Please bring dishes and utensils for your party
3. A memory, story or reflection of Hugh to share
4. Photos are welcome. Bring on flash drive or CD or email at least 24 hours ahead to email@example.com
5. Memorabilia for display if you’d like.
6. A child-like party ‘tude resplendent with costume, toy, talent or any expression you so desire – even if it is black garb.
**Another memorial celebration is scheduled for Saturday, August 24 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Details forth coming. If you want to assure you receive notice of that celebration, please email Lesli Daniel to be placed on an email list.
[Continuing quote from Lesli:]
Hugh is going to join Gene & Majel Rodenberry on a deep space, permanent celestial journey to ?? The flight launches in fourth quarter 2014 by Celestis. If you would like to contribute to launching him, please visit Hugh.xisp.net. As you know, going into space was always his fantasy.
Please share this email announcement far and wide.
If you have requests or idea for honoring Hugh’s life, please contact Lesli Daniel. Should you have an interest in showing your respects through flowers, the Family invites you to support his space travel in lieu or a donation to a non-profit of your choice.
Lesli Daniel, Hugh’s Sister, LesliHiker@gmail.com
Barbara Smart Daniel, Hugh’s Mother