Here are six developments of interest to fans.
(1) Taking the Sci-Fi Theme Music Quiz was a humbling experience. I got the practice question right, but after that it was all downhill.
(2) Amy Sturgis is holding her fourth annual, month-long celebration of Halloween at her LJ, posting classic literature and contemporary links, generally celebrating.
(4) Lorelle Van Fossen has a very interesting series of articles about what to do when somebody steals your blog content:
This is the first of three articles. This article covers tips, information and resources to help you deal with copyright infringement, the theft of your blog or website content. The second article includes helpful links and resources for finding stolen content and copyright infringements. The last article in the series examines the growing trends in content theft such as image hotlinking, website hijacking, and abusive use of feeds to replace original content without permission, as well as other copyright infringements on the rise.
(5) A studio is developing a feature version of Yogi Bear, the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon. The project is planned as a live-action/animated hybrid along the lines of Fox’s Alvin & the Chipmunks. Much of the movie will be live action, but Yogi Bear and sidekick Boo Boo will be done in CG animation.
(6) Gary Farber wants you to know: It’s snowing on Mars!
[Includes links via Isaac Alexander, David Klaus and Gary Farber.]