The winners of the 2014 Seiun Awards were announced this past weekend at Nutscon, the 53rd Japanese National SF convention, in Tsukuba, Japan.
Here are the results as listed in a post with English translations.
Best Japanese Long Story
- From Mt.Kororogi, From Jupiter Trojan by issui ogawa (Hayakawa Publishing, Inc.)
Best Japanese Short Story
- Ima Shuugouteki Muishikio by Kosyu Tani (Kawade Shobo Shinsha,Publishers)
Best Translated Long Story
- Blindsight by Peter Watts, translated by Yoichi Shimada (Tokyo Sogensha)
Best Translated Short Story
- “The Paper Menagerie” by Ken Liu, translated by Furusawa Yoshimi-dori (Hayakawa 1/13)
Best Dramatic Presentation
- Pacific Rim, Director: Guillermo del Toro
- The World of Narue by Marukawa Tomohiro. Edited by Kadokawa Shoten. First published in Japan by Kadokawa Corporation, Tokyo
- Naoyuki Katoh
- DIY Liquid Fuel Rocket by Summer Rocket team, Asari Yoshitoh (Gakken Education Publishing Co., Ltd.)
Non Section (or Freedom)
- Nova SF, edited by Nozomi Ohmori (Kawade Shobo Shinsha, Publishers)
Some examples of the winning artist’s work are collected here.