Helsinki Science Fiction Society announced in May the winner of the Tähtivaeltaja Award for best science fiction book published in Finland last year.
The winning book is:
- Zoo City – Eläinten valtakunta (Zoo City) by Lauren Beukes (published by Aula & co.)
The other nominees were:
- Maailman lahjakkain tyttö (The Girl with All the Gifts) by M. R. Carey (Like)
- Näkymättömät planeetat (Invisible Planets: Collected Fiction) by Hannu Rajaniemi (Gummerus)
- Poseidonin lapset (Poseidon’s Wake) by Alastair Reynolds (Like)
- Sotapuiston perikato (CivilWarLand in Bad Decline) by George Saunders (Siltala)
The award jury consisted of journalist Hannu Blommila, editor Toni Jerrman, critic Elli Leppä, and critic Antti Oikarinen.
Last year’s winner was Margaret Atwood’s novel New Country.