Glasgow 2024 has published Progress Report 2 which can be downloaded in PDF format from the Glasgow 2024 website here. It is the third of six digital Progress Reports which will be produced during the two-year period leading up to the convention (the first abbreviated report was numbered as Progress Report 0).
The cover for PR#2, “2000 Years Later” is by Chris Baker (a.k.a. Fangorn), Artist Guest of Honour.
The publication of PR2 marks the start of the final year leading up to the convention, with activity ramping up across all Divisions. PR2 includes news from all areas including:
- A welcome message from Convention Chair Esther MacCallum-Stewart
- Continued growth in membership numbers which now total over 3,000
- Confirmation of the next membership rate increase on 1 October, 2023
- Travel advice for getting to and around Glasgow
- News for Artists and Dealers who are interested in taking space at the event
- Updates from the Programme and Events Divisions including details of how to submit your own ideas to the team
- Publications information including our Souvenir Book Advertising Rates
- How to Volunteer, plus updates from our Accessibility and Childcare teams
- Stories from the Promotions Division who continue to engage existing and new fans with everything from Twitch D&D Adventures to Glasgow 2024 Gin, Tartans and original fabric designs.
PR2 also features a look back at the Brighton Worldcons of 1979 and 1987 in a series exploring the history of British Worldcons, and a behind the scenes look at Iain Clarke’s award winning Glasgow 2024 promotional art.
Progress Report 3 is due to be issued in early 2024.
[Based on a press release.]