Open voting has started in the semifinal round of the Goodreads Choice Awards 2019 and will continue until November 17. There are 20 categories overall.
Five popular write-ins have been added to the 15 books listed in the opening round. Here are the titles readers lifted onto the ballot in the primary categories of genre interest – Best Fantasy, Best Science Fiction, and Best Horror.
- Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3) by Jay Kristoff
- A Little Hatred by Joe Abercrombie
- The Burning White by Brent Weeks
- Age of Legend (The Legends of the First Empire, #4) by Michael J. Sullivan
- Holy Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #3) by Mark Lawrence
BEST SCIENCE FICTION
- The Light Brigade by Kameron Hurley
- Children of Ruin (Children of Time, #2) by Adrian Tchaikovsky
- Wanderers by Chuck Wendig
- Here and Now and Then by Mike Chen
- Thrawn: Treason (Star Wars: Thrawn, #3) by Timothy Zahn
- The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling
- Bunny by Mona Awad
- The Need by Helen Phillips
- Petra’s Ghost by C.S. O’Cinneide
- The Monster of Elendhaven by Jennifer Giesbrecht
There also are some genre works in the Best Graphic Novels and Comics, Best Young Adult Fiction, Best Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction, Best Middle Grade & Children’s categories.
Note: Margaret Atwood’s The Testaments has been placed in the Fiction category.
[Thanks to JJ for the screencaps.]