Compiled by Carl Slaughter:
(1) EWW Star Wars: New Hope
More items follow the jump.
(2) Why the Jedi are the galaxy’s biggest idiots
(3) Star Wars lip reading spoof
(4) Serious Star Wars
(5) Serious Jedi
(6) Honest Jedi
(7) Star Wars storm troopers encounter Battlestar Galactica’s fleet of refugees and assume they are Resistance fighters.
(8) “Rogue One writer reveals the big problem with writing a Star Wars movie” at Yahoo! Entertainment.
Tony Gilroy doesn’t plan on discussing “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” anytime soon.
The screenwriter, who was brought on late in the game to rework parts of the script and oversee reshoots, had briefly mentioned his work on the film during a podcast interview for his new film “Beirut” — and those quotes went everywhere.
“I think I probably said more than I said even there,” he now tells Moviefone. “The ‘Star Wars’ community — the interest in it and the people in it — are so passionate. It’s so gigantic, it’s so dizzy. And perhaps someday, long from now, someone will get the entire story of what happened, and I’m not sure what the actual value of that will be, but I don’t think there’s really much here for me to talk about.”
This is partly why he feels making a “Star Wars” movie, or any franchise film with a massive following, has become nearly impossible….
(9) Why Rian Johnson left Snope’s backstory out of Last Jedi
(10) “Mark Hamill Praises Star Wars: The Last Jedi’s Broom Boy Ending” at We Got This Covered.
“What I love particularly was – and they didn’t have to do this because the movie’s over – all of a sudden you cut to the stable and there’s that little boy, he puts out his hand and the broom comes to him. It’s so subtle, the first time I saw it I thought he just took it, but if you look he puts his hand out and it moves over for him, implying that yeah, she’s [Rey’s] the last Jedi… until the next Jedi. It’ll go on forever, believe me. Long after both of us are gone they’ll be making these films from here into eternity.” – Mark Hamill