The judges of the 2020 Philip K. Dick Award and the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society, along with the Philip K. Dick Trust, have announced the six nominated works on the final ballot for the award:
- The Outside by Ada Hoffmann (Angry Robot)
- Velocity Weapon Megan E. O’Keefe (Orbit)
- All Worlds Are Real: Short Fictions by Susan Palwick (Fairwood Press)
- Sooner or Later Everything Falls Into the Sea: Stories by Sarah Pinsker (Small Beer Press)
- The Little Animals by Sarah Tolmie (Aqueduct Press)
- The Rosewater Redemption by Tade Thompson (Orbit)
First prize and any special citations will be announced on Friday, April 10, 2020 at Norwescon 43 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport, SeaTac, Washington.
The Philip K. Dick Award is presented annually with the support of the Philip K. Dick Trust for distinguished science fiction published in paperback original form in the United States during the previous calendar year. The award is sponsored by the Philadelphia Science Fiction Society and the Philip K. Dick Trust and the award ceremony is sponsored by the Northwest Science Fiction Society.
Last year’s winner was Theory of Bastards by Audrey Schulman (Europa Editions) with a special citation to 84K by Claire North (Orbit).
The award judges are Thomas A. Easton, Karen Heuler, Mur Lafferty, Patricia MacEwen (chair), and James Sallis.