The nominees for the Deutscher Science Fiction Preis 2022 were announced April 3.
The juried award for the best short story and best novel published in the German language in the previous year is sponsored by the SFCD, Germany´s largest science-fiction club. Each winner will receive €1000.
The awards will be presented at SchlossCon 3 (August 19-21, 2022), this year’s annual convention of the Science Fiction Club Deutschland.
BEST GERMAN LANGUAGE SHORT STORY
- “Meine künstlichen Kinder” (“My Artificial Children”) by Thomas Grüter in exodus 43, edited by René Moreau, Heinz Wipperfürth and Hans Jürgen Kugler
- “Notizen zur Beobachtung von Schildkröten nach einer Bruchlandung” (“Notes on observing turtles after a crash landing”) by Lisa Jenny Krieg in exodus 42, edited by René Moreau, Heinz Wipperfürth and Hans Jürgen Kugler
- “Das Universum ohne Eisbärin” (“The universe without a female polar bear”) by Aiki Mira in c’t Magazin 5/2021, edited by Christian Heise
- “Utopie27” (“Utopia 27”) by Aiki Mira in Am Anfang war das Bild (In the beginning, there was the image), edited by Uli Bendick, Aiki Mira and Mario Franke
- “Vorsicht Synthetisches Leben!” (“Careful, synthetic life!”) by Aiki Mira in exodus 43, edited by René Moreau, Heinz Wipperfürth and Hans Jürgen Kugler
- “Der Erleger” (“The Slayer”) by Marco Rauch in Am Anfang war das Bild (In the beginning, there was the image), edited by Uli Bendick, Aiki Mira and Mario Franke
- “Onkel Nate oder die hohe Kunst, aus dem Fenster zu schauen” (“Uncle Nate or the high art of looking out of the window”) by Janika Rehak in Am Anfang war das Bild (In the beginning, there was the image), edited by Uli Bendick, Aiki Mira and Mario Franke
- “Dialog im Baltikum” (“Dialogue in the Baltics”) by Alessandra Reß in Future Work, edited by Lars Schmeink and Ralf H. Schneider
BEST GERMAN LANGUAGE NOVEL
- Dave by Raphaela Edelbauer, Klett-Cotta
- Stargazer: Das letzte Artefakt (Stargazer: The Last Artefact) by Ivan Ertlov [Johann Ertl], Belle Époque Verlag
- Stille zwischen den Sternen (Silence between the Stars) by Sven Haupt, Eridanus Verlag
- Der Kandidat (The Candidate) by Christian J. Meier, Polarise (dpunkt)
- Die Störung (The Disturbance) by Brandon Q. Morris [Matthias Matting], Fischer Tor
- Kalte Berechnung (Cold Calculation) by Michael Rapp, Polarise (dpunkt)
- Memories of Summer – Wer bist du ohne Vergangenheit? (Memories of Summer – Who are you without your past?) by Janna Ruth, Moon Notes
- Die silbernen Felder (The Silver Fields) by Claudia Tieschky, Rowohlt Berlin Verlag
- Anarchie Deco (Anarchy Deco) by J.C. Vogt [Judith and Christian Vogt], Fischer TOR
[Thanks to Cora Buhlert for translating these titles from German to English.]