The Helsinki Science Fiction Society has chosen the nominees for the 2022 Tähtifantasia Award, given for the best fantasy book published in Finnish during the previous year.
The award jury is composed of critics Jukka Halme, Aleksi Kuutio of Risingshadow.net, and Niina Tolonen, a book blogger.
- Susanna Clarke: Piranesi (WSOY, translated into Finnish by Helene Bützow)
- N. K. Jemisin: Viides vuodenaika [The Fifth Season] (Jalava, translated into Finnish by Mika Kivimäki)
- TJ Klune: Talo taivaansinisellä merellä [The House in the Cerulean Sea] (Karisto, translated into Finnish by Mika Kivimäki)
- Madeline Miller: Kirke [Circe] (WSOY, translated into Finnish by Irmeli Ruuska)
- Siri Pettersen: Rautasusi [Iron Wolf in Estonian] (Jalava, translated into Finnish by Eeva-Liisa Nyqvist)