The longlist for the 2023 Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction and Nonfiction announced October 11 features forty-three books (22 fiction, 21 nonfiction). The complete list is here.
Longlisted fiction works of genre interest include:
- The School for Good Mothers by Jessamine Chan.
- The Candy House by Jennifer Egan.
- What We Fed to the Manticore by Talia Lakshmi Kolluri
- Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel
- How High We Go in the Dark by Sequoia Nagamatsu
A six-title shortlist—three each for the fiction and nonfiction medals—will be released on November 15. The two medal winners will be January 29. The celebratory event, including presentations by the winners and a featured speaker, will take place at the 2023 ALA Annual Conference in June 2023 in Chicago.