The Australasian Horror Writers Association announced the Australian Shadows Awards 2021 winners on April 12.
The juried award is given in eight categories for the finest in horror and dark fiction published by an Australasian within the calendar year.
Eligible genres/sub-genres include horror, dark fiction, dark fantasy, and paranormal fiction.
The 2021 Australian Shadows Awards winners are:
- I’m Looking Right At You, HP Lovecraft by Jack Dann (IFWG)
- “Cheongsam” by Lee Murray (Tortured Willows: Bent. Bowed. Unbroken. Yuriko Publishing LLC)
- The Mycelium Complex, Issue 2 by Daniel Reed (Nautilus Illustrations)
- Spawn: Weird Horror Tales About Pregnancy, Birth and Babies, edited by Deborah Sheldon (IFWG Publishing Australia)
- Tool Tales by Karron Warren (IFWG Publishing, Australia)
- “A Good Big Brother” by Matt Tighe (Spawn: Weird Horror Tales About Pregnancy, Birth and Babies, IFWG Publishing Australia)
- Ariadne, I Love You by J Ashley-Smith (Meerkat Press)
- The Girls Left Behind by J.P. Townley