2022 BARRY AWARDS
The winners of the 2022 Barry Awards were announced September 8 at Bouchercon. The Barry Award winners are selected by subscribers and readers of Deadly Pleasures, where one of the magazine’s stated goals is to search out and report on the best works being published in the field of crime fiction each year.
BEST MYSTERY/CRIME NOVEL
- Razorblade Tears, S. A. Cosby (Flatiron Books)
BEST FIRST MYSTERY/CRIME NOVEL
- Sleeping Bear, Connor Sullivan (Emily Bestler/Atria)
BEST PAPERBACK ORIGINAL
- The Good Turn, Dervla Mctiernan (Blackstone)
- Five Decembers, James Kestrel (Hardcase Crime)
2022 MCILVANNEY PRIZE SHORTLIST
The McIlvanney Prize recognizes excellence in Scottish crime writing, and includes a prize of £1,000 and nationwide promotion in Waterstones. Here is the McIlvanney Prize 2022 shortlist which was announced September 6:
- May God Forgive by Alan Parks (Canongate)
- The Second Cut by Louise Welsh (Canongate)
- A Corruption of Blood by Ambrose Parry (Canongate)
- The Heretic by Liam McIlvanney (Harpercollins)
The McIlvanney Prize winner will be announced on September 15.