Marvel Comics will celebrate Black History Month with Marvel’s Voices: Legacy #1, to be released February 24. In addition to the all-star list of creators contributing to the issue, Marvels Voice’s: Legacy #1 will also have variant covers by Natacha Bustos, Olivier Coipel, Ejiwa “Edge” Ebenebe, Ken Lashley, and Ernanda Souza honoring Marvel’s legacy of Black heroes such as Storm, Shuri, Black Panther, Monica Rambeau, and many more.
Marvel’s Voices: Legacy #1 will run seven stories plus an introduction by New York Times best-selling author Nic Stone (Shuri: A Black Panther Novel).
- Eisner Award-winning writer Nnedi Okorafor (Shuri) pens a Venom story highlighting the importance of heroes who fight for the downtrodden.
- Explore Blade’s legacy – vampiric and heroic – in a story by writer Danny Lore (2020 Ironheart).
- Ho Che Anderson (King) brings Luke Cage fans an old-school story about the choices that make a hero,
- Author Tochi Onyebuchi (Beasts Made of Night, War Girls) tells an action-packed tale of a wild night in Madripoor with Domino
- Writer Stephanie Williams highlights family in a light-hearted Monica Rambeau story,
- And Marvel’s most promising young heroes—Ironheart, Ms. Marvel, and Shuri— team up for an adventure by award-winning novelist Mohale Mashigo (The Yearning).
- Lastly, Academy Award winning screenwriter John Ridley closes out this epic issue with a poignant look at the impact of Miles Morales.
See these outstanding writers take on their favorite heroes in tales designed to inspire and uplift, featuring interior art by ChrisCross, Valentine De Landro, Sean Damien Hill, Ken Lashley, Natacha Bustos, Chris Allen, and Olivier Coipel.
Following the jump, see a list of the variant covers.
[Based on a press release.]