The judging panel’s choices for the 2021 Subjective Chaos Kind of Awards 2021 finalists have been announced at Parsecs and Parchment.
BEST SHORT FICTION
- You Perfect, Broken Thing by CL Clark
- Yellow and the Perception of Reality by Maureen F. McHugh
- The Empress of Salt and Fortune by Nghi Vo
- Ring Shout by P. Djeli Clark
- Dominion of The Fallen by Aliette de Bodard
- The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas
- Year of the Witching by Alexis Henderson
BEST BLURRED BOUNDARY
- The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Interior Chinatown by Charles Yu
BEST SCIENCE FICTION
- Goldilocks by Laura Lam
- The Space Between Worlds by Micaiah Johnson
- The Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow
- The Midnight Bargain by CL Polk
The book critics responsible for this set of honors are –
- Adri, from Nerds of a Feather.
- Anna, from There’s Always Room for One More.
- Arina, from The Bookwyrm’s Guide to the Galaxy and Queen’s Asylum
- Fabienne, from Libri Draconis and Grimdark Magazine.
- Jonny, from Parsecs & Parchment.
- Kris, from Cloaked Creators.
- L.A., from Aquavenatus.
- Lisa, from Dear Geek Place.
- Matt aka Womble, from Runalongtheshelves.
- Noria, from Chronicles of Noria.
- Sean, from Nerds of a Feather.
- Sun, from Twitter and Dreamwidth.