The 40th issue of Uncanny Magazine, winner of five Hugos and a British Fantasy Award, will be available on May 4.
Hugo Award-winning Publishers Lynne M. Thomas and Michael Damian Thomas are proud to present the 40th issue of their five-time Hugo Award-winning online science fiction and fantasy magazine, Uncanny Magazine. Stories from Uncanny Magazine have been finalists or winners of Hugo, Nebula, Locus, and World Fantasy Awards. As always, Uncanny features passionate SF/F fiction and poetry, gorgeous prose, provocative nonfiction, and a deep investment in the diverse SF/F culture, along with a Parsec Award-winning monthly podcast featuring a story, poem, and interview from that issue.
All of Uncanny Magazine’s content will be available in eBook versions on the day of release from Weightless Books, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Google Play, and Kobo. Subscriptions are always available through Amazon Kindle and Weightless Books. The free online content will be released in 2 stages- half on day of release and half on June 1.
Uncanny Magazine Issue 40 Table of Contents
- With Her Familiars on Mars by Galen Dara
- “The Uncanny Valley” by Lynne M. Thomas & Michael Damian Thomas
- “Imagining Futures: Imagination, Ltd.” by Elsa Sjunneson
- “Unseelie Brothers, Ltd.” by Fran Wilde (5/4)
- “Proof by Induction” by José Pablo Iriarte (5/4)
- “Thirteen of the Secrets in My Purse” by Rachel Swirsky (5/4)
- “How the Girls Came Home” by Eugenia Triantafyllou (6/1)
- “The Hungry Ones” by Emma Törzs (6/1)
- “Heart Shine” by Shveta Thakrar (6/1)
- “River, Clap Your Hands” by Sheree Renée Thomas (6/1)
- “A Love Letter to Libraries” by E. Lily Yu (5/4)
- “Babylon 5 and Antifascism” by Andrew Liptak (5/4)
- “The Protagonist Problem” by Ada Palmer and Jo Walton (6/1)
- “More Than Meets the Eye: Transformers as Trans Fantasy” by C. J. Linton (6/1)
- “Self Portrait As a Printing Press” by Nnadi Samuel (5/4)
- “Paqtasultieg” by Tiffany Morris (5/4)
- “Mona Lisa’s Abecedarian to Leonardo da Vinci” by Abu Bakr Sadiq (6/1)
- “Collection” by Vivian Li (6/1)
- José Pablo Iriarte interviewed by Caroline M. Yoachim (5/4)
- Shveta Thakrar interviewed by Caroline M. Yoachim (6/1)
- Episode 40A (5/4): Editors’ Introduction, “Unseelie Brothers, Ltd.” by Fran Wilde, as read by Erika Ensign, “Paqtasultieg” by Tiffany Morris, as read by Matt Peters, and Lynne M. Thomas interviewing Fran Wilde.
- Episode 40B (6/1): Editors’ Introduction, “How the Girls Came Home” by Eugenia Triantafyllou, as read by Joy Piedmont, “Mona Lisa’s Abecedarian to Leonardo da Vinci” by Abu Bakr Sadiq, as read by Matt Peters, and Lynne M. Thomas interviewing Eugenia Triantafyllou.