The Ditmar Award is Australia’s oldest and best-known science fiction, fantasy and horror award, presented annually at the Australian NatCon since 1969.
This year’s NatCon, Swancon 2020 in Perth, was cancelled due to the pandemic and the award winners were announced online.
- The Year of the Fruit Cake, Gillian Polack, IFWG Publishing Australia.
Best Short Fiction
- “Whom My Soul Loves”, Rivqa Rafael, in Strange Horizons, 11 November 2019.
Best Collected Work
- Collision, J.S. Breukelaar, Meerkat Press.
Best Fan Publication in Any Medium
- Be The Serpent podcast, Alexandra Rowland, Jennifer Mace and Freya Marske.
- SF Commentary, Bruce Gillespie.
Best Fan Writer
- Elizabeth Fitzgerald, for reviews in Skiffy and Fanty.
Best New Talent
- Freya Marske.
William Atheling Jr. Award for Criticism or Review
- Grant Watson, for reviews on FictionMachine.
Note: There were insufficient nominations for the Best Artwork and Best Fan Artist categories, therefore no awards were given.