Best-selling authors and Splatterpunk Awards founders Wrath James White and Brian Keene announced the winners of the 2020 Splatterpunk Awards on August 8 during the virtual KillerCon. The awards honor superior achievement for works published in 2019 in the sub-genres of Splatterpunk and Extreme Horror. An image of the award trophy, which might be a little strong for young viewers, is here.
- Lakehouse Infernal by Christine Morgan (Deadite Press)
- One For the Road by Wesley Southard (Deadite Press)
BEST SHORT STORY
- “Angelbait” by Ryan Harding (from The Big Book of Blasphemy, Necro Publications)
- Dirty Rotten Hippies and Other Stories by Bryan Smith (Grindhouse Press)
- And Hell Followed, edited by Jarod Barbee and Patrick C. Harrison III (Death’s Head Press)
J.F. Gonzalez Lifetime Achievement Award
- Edward Lee, author and editor
Honoring his significant contributions to the sub-genres of Splatterpunk and Extreme Horror. Previous recipients are David J. Schow and David G. Barnett.