The 2016 Apex Magazine subscription drive starts today and runs through November 15. Their goal is to raise $10,000.
As an incentive for people to chip in, more bonus content will be added the magazine’s January 2017 issue.
Pay attention, because one of these intermediate goals will fund a new Ursula Vernon story!
As an added incentive, they’ve set up rewards that will unlock additional content for the January 2017 issue of Apex Magazine, creating a double issue as a thank-you.
We already have an impressive lineup of original fiction scheduled for January. Stories by James Beamon, Lia Swope Mitchell, Iori Kusano, and J.J. Litke. The issue will feature two poems, a reprint, and interviews with an Apex author and our cover artist. Our cover artist for January will be Aaron Nakahara.
As Apex reaches its subscription drive goals, they will add the following to the January issue, as well as a couple of rewards that will continue in every issue all year long:
- $500 – a third original poem will be selected by our poetry editor Bianca Spriggs
- $1,000 – a second reprint will be added to the issue
- $2,000 – a new story by Ursula Vernon.
- $2,500 – a fourth original poem
- $3,000 – an interview with Nisi Shawl
- $4,000 – a new story by Nisi Shawl.
- $4,500 – a third reprint
- $5,000 – a second story podcast performed by Mahvesh Murad.
- $5,500 – an interview with John Hornor Jacobs
- $6,000 – a new novelette by John Hornor Jacobs.
- $6,500 – an interview with E. Catherine Tobler about her circus universe
- $7,000 – we will add an additional 2,000 words to each issue of Apex Magazine in 2017, bringing the total up to 14,000 words per issue.
- $7,500 – increase pay rate for original fiction to 7 cents a word
- $8,000 – a new story by E. Catherine Tobler set in her circus universe
- $8,500 – increase cover artist rate to $100
- $9,000 – we will add another additional 2,000 words to each issue of Apex Magazine in 2017, bringing the total up to 16,000 words per issue.
- $10,000 – increase pay rate for original fiction to 8 cents a word
Ways to support Apex Magazine between October 24 and November 15 include:
- Subscribe. Yearly subscriptions through Apex and Weightless will be only $17.95 during the drive. Monthly subscriptions are available through Amazon (US) and Amazon (UK).
- Give a gift subscription to the scifi lover in your life.
- Become a patron on Patreon. Pledge as little or as much as you want for each issue.
- The tip jar. Chip in one-time to help them reach their goals.
- Buy past issues of Apex Magazine.
- Join their Thunderclap (http://thndr.me/m0Fve2) and help spread the news.