By JJ: We’ve spent a lot of time over the last several months reading and discussing the Hugo Best Novella finalists. This thread has been created to give us the opportunity to discuss the rest of the entries on the longlist.
- “The Slow Regard of Silent Things” by Patrick Rothfuss (click orange button to read excerpt)
- “The Regular” by Ken Liu (scroll down the page for the link to the free issue)
- “Yesterday’s Kin” by Nancy Kress (excerpt)
- ” Grand Jeté (The Great Leap)” by Rachel Swirsky
- “The Mothers of Voorhisville” by Mary Rickert
- “We Are All Completely Fine” by Daryl Gregory (excerpt)
- “Unlocked: An Oral History of Haden’s Syndrome” by John Scalzi
- “Dream Houses” by Genevieve Valentine (Book Smugglers review on Kirkus)
- “Where the Trains Turn” by Pasi Jääskeläinen
- “Legion: Skin Deep” by Brandon Sanderson (excerpt)
Please employ your best judgment, and use rot13 to encrypt anything especially spoilery, in consideration of those who may not have gotten to read all of the entries yet.