A pair of Harlan Ellison collections, one fiction and one nonfiction, are approaching the launching pad.
Subterranean Press is readying The Top of the Volcano: the Award-Winning Stories of Harlan Ellison, with the 23 stories that have won Harlan the most hardware. Michael Whelan will provide the dustjacket art.
Table of Contents
- ‘Repent, Harlequin!’ Said the Ticktockman
- I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
- The Beast That Shouted Love at the Heart of the World
- A Boy and His Dog
- The Region Between
- The Deathbird
- The Whimper of Whipped Dogs
- Adrift Just Off the Islets of Langerhans: Latitude 38° 54’ N, Longitude 77° 00’ 13” W 225
- Jeffty is Five
- Count the Clock That Tells the Time
- Djinn, No Chaser
- Paladin of the Lost Hour
- With Virgil Oddum at the East Pole
- Soft Monkey
- The Function of Dream Sleep
- The Man Who Rowed Christopher Columbus Ashore
- Mefisto in Onyx
- Chatting with Anubis
- The Human Operators with A.E. Van Vogt
- How Interesting: A Tiny Man
Then, Harlan Ellison’s Endlessly Watching will soon be available from Harlan Ellison Books. It’s a follow-on to Ellison’s 1989 Stoker Award-winning book of film criticism, assembling the 35th through 50th installments of his column for The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction plus other comments, reviews, opinions, panegyrics and rages never gathered in one place.