On Sunday, May 21 at 2 p.m., Sci-Fest LA will partner with LitFest Pasadena for dramatic readings of the Finalists’ stories for The Tomorrow Prize for short science fiction by L.A. County teens. The readings will happen in the Sculpture Plaza across from the Pasadena Playhouse – free admission, seating limited. Six finalists’ stories will be read by sci-fi celebrities, followed by an awards presentation.
The Tomorrow Prize for short science fiction was created by Sci-Fest LA in 2014 “to identify and encourage the next generation of science fiction writing talent.”
The 2017 finalists are:
- Samuel Fischbach, “Another Reality”
- Leslie Le, “The Dead Light”
- Richard Magdaluyo, “EARTH II”
- Jonathan Herbst, “A Helping Hand”
- Joseph Springer, “The Most Satisfying Sound”
- Ekaterina Zhosan, “The Multiverse Theory”
Honorable Mentions: Cira Davis, Zachariah Nash, Angelica Pico, Allison Pleitez, Vianni Valle, and Paula Wang.
Pingback: Pixel Scroll 5/16/17 Will No One Pixel Me This Troublesome Scroll? | File 770