The finalists for the 2018 James White Award have been named. Six stories were selected from over 300 entrants:
- “A Sip of Pombe” by Gustavo Bondoni
- “Imago” by Matthew Eeles
- “Ms. Höffern Stays Abreast of the News” by Sarah Pauling
- “My Fault” by Sarah Palmer
- “The Big I Am” by E.M Faulds
- “Two Worlds Apart” by Dustin Blair Steinacker
The competition is open to original, unpublished short stories of not more than 6,000 words by non-professional writers. The award, established in 2000, offers non-professional writers the opportunity to have their work published in Interzone, the UK’s leading sf magazine. In addition, this year’s prize is £200.
The winner, selected by judges, RJ Barker, Anne Charnock and Una McCormack, will be announced August 2.
[Thanks to Mark Hepworth for the story.]