The Helsinki Science Fiction Society has announced the nominees for the 2018 Tähtifantasia Award, given for the best translated fantasy book published in Finnish during the previous year.
- Eka Kurniawan: Kauneus on kirous [Beauty Is A Wound] (Gummerus, Translated to Finnish by Jaana Kapari-Jatta)
- Ursula K. Le Guin: Ikuisen hämärän maa [The Beginning Place] (Vaskikirjat, Translated to Finnish by Jyrki Iivonen)
- Andri Snær Magnason: Aika-arkku [Tímakistan] (Aula & Co, Translated from the original Icelandic “The Time Casket” to Finnish by Tapio Koivukari)
- David Mitchell: Luukellot [The Bone Clocks] (Sammakko, Translated to Finnish by Einari Aaltonen)
- Brandon Sanderson: Viimeinen valtakunta [Mistborn: The Final Empire] (Jalava, Translated to Finnish by Mika Kivimäki)
The award jury is composed of critics Jukka Halme and Aleksi Kuutio, author and publisher Anne Leinonen, and Osmo Määttä of Risingshadow.net.
[Thanks to Jukka Halme for the story.]