A total of 45 books (23 fiction, 22 nonfiction) have been selected for the longlist for the 2022 Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction and Nonfiction released October 18. The list is now available on the awards’ website.
A six-title shortlist—three each for the fiction and nonfiction medals—will be chosen from longlist titles and announced on Nov. 8, 2021. The two medal winners will be announced on January 23. The Carnegie Medal winners will each receive $5,000.
Judging by the linked descriptions for all the longlisted fiction books these are the ones of genre interest:
- Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr
- The Sentence by Louise Erdrich
- Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro
- First Person Singular by Haruki Murakami (Translated by Philip Gabriel)
- Bewilderment by Richard Powers