Voting has opened for the 2022 Fanzine Activity Achievement (FAAn) awards and will continue through February 25.
To jog voters’ memories about the eligible publications, Nic Farey, FAAn Awards Administrator, has created The Incompleat Register 2021, available at efanzines.com. In it Farey reminds everyone, “A ‘fanzine’, for our purposes, is defined as an immutable artifact, once published not subject to revision or modification. The fanzine might not exist in a physical form. A PDF, for example, is an artifact.”
The award has seven categories:
- GENZINE: A fanzine which typically has multiple contributors in addition to its editor(s).
- PERZINE: A fanzine which typically has few, if any, contributors other than its editor(s).
- SPECIAL PUBLICATION: A “one-shot” fanzine or collection.
- FANWRITER: A writer who has work first appearing in a 2021 fanzine.
- FANARTIST: An artist who has work first appearing in a 2021 fanzine.
- LETTERHACK (HARRY WARNER, JR. MEMORIAL AWARD): Loccer whose responses have appeared in a 2021 fanzine.
- COVER: Best fanzine cover of 2021.
Farey has dropped the Website category, which has only ever had two winners, Efanzines for the first eleven years of its existence, and by Fanac.org for the last three.
Anybody with an interest in fanzines is encouraged to vote, no memberships or fees are required.
The winners will be announced at Corflu Pangloss in Vancouver, BC on March 20.
[Corflu Pangloss logo by Dan Steffan.]