The Tähtivaeltaja (“Star Rover”) Award finalists have been posted. The award, sponsored by the Helsinki Science Fiction Society, goes to the best science fiction book published in Finland in the previous year.
The nominees were selected by a jury composed of journalist Hannu Blommila, editor Toni Jerrman, critic Elli Leppä, and critic Kaisa Ranta.
- Naomi Alderman: Voima (The Power, translated into Finnish by Marianna Kurtto, Gummerus)
- Margaret Atwood: Testamentit (The Testaments, translated into Finnish by Hilkka Pekkanen, Otava)
- Agustina Bazterrica: Rotukarja (Cadáver exquisito, translated into Finnish by Einari Aaltonen, Like)
- Peter Høeg: Sinun silmiesi kautta (Gennem dine øjne, translated into Finnish by Sanna Manninen, Tammi)
- Antti Salminen: Mir (Poesia)
The winner will be announced in April or May.