Oghenechovwe Donald Ekpeki was at the top of the news all month long. Early in August some anonymous bloggers drew his ire for discounting his work as a reprint anthologist. Then, two weeks ago it looked like the Hugo finalist’s plans to attend Chicon 8 had been derailed by the lack of a visa. Yesterday he got a second chance – with help from a world of people including two U.S. Senators – and he has been greenlighted to go to Chicago.
Here are the 10 most-read posts of August 2022 according to Google Analytics.
- US Embassy in Nigeria Denies Oghenechovwe Donald Ekpeki Visa Application; Won’t Get to Attend Worldcon
- Anonymous Blog’s Rankings Draw Protest By Hugo Finalist Short Fiction Editor
- Alexei Panshin (1940-2022)
- Pixel Scroll 8/16/22 Faraway Pixels With Strange-Sounding Scrolls
- Will E Pluribus Hugo Survive Re-Ratification?
- ASFF Award Name Announcement Raises Protests
- Whyte: Comments on the 2022 Hugo Awards Study Committee Report
- Pixel Scroll 8/19/22 One Sturgeon, One Spock, One Bierce
- Oghenechovwe Donald Ekpeki Granted Visa to Attend Chicon 8
- Pixel Scroll 8/22/22 This Is The Story Of A Scroll, Who Cried Tsundoku And Filed The Whole World