- City of Lies (Poison Wars 1), Sam Hawke, Tom Doherty Associates.
Best Novella or Novelette
- “Cabaret of Monsters”, Tansy Rayner Roberts, in Cabaret of Monsters, The Creature Court.
Best Short Story
- “The Heart of Owl Abbas”, Kathleen Jennings, in Tor.com.
Best Collected Work
- Mother of Invention, Rivqa Rafael and Tansy Rayner Roberts, Twelfth Planet Press.
- Cover art, Likhain, for Mother of Invention, Twelfth Planet Press.
Best Fan Publication in Any Medium
- Earl Grey Editing, Elizabeth Fitzgerald.
Best Fan Writer
- Liz Barr, for writing in squiddishly.
Best New Talent
- Sam Hawke
William Atheling Jr Award for Criticism or Review
- Cat Sparks, for “The 21st Century Catastrophe: Hyper-capitalism and Severe Climate Change in Science Fiction” PhD exegesis.
OTHER AWARDS PRESENTED AT CEREMONY
Peter McNamara Achievement Award for Lifetime Achievement and Contribution towards Australian Speculative Fiction
- Kaaron Warren
Chandler Award for Outstanding Achievement in Australian Science Fiction
- Alan Stewart