Finalists have been announced for two of the awards that will be presented at Utopiales, the International Science Fiction Festival of Nantes.
The Prix Utopiales recognizes a novel, or a collection, published in French during the eligibility period by a European author. The prize has a cash value of 3000 euros. This year, five books are in competition:
- La trilogie Trademark – T.1 Bonheur TM by Jean Baret (Le Bélial)
- Colonies by Laurent Genefort (Le Bélial)
- Dans la toile du temps by Adrian Tchaikovsky (Denoël)
- Helstrid by Christian Léourier (Le Béllial)
- Les derniers jours du Nouveau-Paris by China Miéville (Au diable vauvert)
The Prix Utopiales Jeunesse 2019 (Utopiales Youth Award) recognizes a novel or a collection of short stories by a European author, published or translated into French during the eligibility period. The winner is chosen by a jury of readers aged 13-16. The prize has a value of 2000 euros. These five books have are the finalists:
- In real life – T.1 Déconnexion by Maiwenn Alix (Milan)
- La Voie Verne by Jacques Martel (Mnémos)
- Le Cirque interdit by Célia Flaux (Scrineo)
- Marqués by Alice Broadway (Pocket Jeunesse)
- Rêves scientifiques, 8 nouvelles de science-fiction by J.-N. Blanc, J. Benameur, P. Favaro, Gudule, J. Héliot, C. Thiebert (Thierry Magnier)
The award ceremony will take place during the Utopiales International Science Fiction Festival of Nantes, October 31-November 4.