The 2021 Shirley Jackson Awards were presented in-person on October 29 as part of the Boston Book Festival, in partnership with Readercon.
The juried award is given for outstanding achievement in the literature of psychological suspense, horror, and the dark fantastic.
- My Heart Is a Chainsaw by Stephen Graham Jones (Saga Press)
- Flowers for the Sea by Zin E. Rocklyn (Tordotcom)
- “We, the Girls Who Did Not Make It” by E. A. Petricone (Nightmare Magazine, February 2021)
- “You’ll Understand When You’re a Mom Someday” by Isabel J. Kim (khōréō magazine, August 2021)
- Folk Songs for Trauma Surgeons: Stories by Keith Rosson (Meerkat Press)
- Professor Charlatan Bardot’s Travel Anthology to the Most (Fictional) Haunted Buildings in the Weird, Wild World, edited by Eric J. Guignard (Dark Moon Books)
- Unfettered Hexes: Queer Tales of Insatiable Darkness, edited by dave ring (Neon Hemlock)
- Ellen Datlow, in recognition of the anthology When Things Get Dark: Stories inspired by Shirley Jackson (Titan Books, 2021).