Mary Soon Lee, Geoffrey A. Landis, and Linda D. Addison are the winners of the 2022 Rhysling Awards presented by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Poetry Association (SFPA).
The winners were chosen by SFPA members, with 114 votes cast.
SHORT POEM CATEGORY
- “Confessions of a Spaceport AI” • Mary Soon Lee • Uncanny 43
- “Gravity (some things that fly)” • Geoffrey A. Landis • Space & Time Magazine 140
- “The Butterfly Affect” • Linda D. Addison • Were Tales: A Shapeshifter Anthology, eds. S. D. Vasallo & Steven M. Long (Brigids Gate Press)
- “our translucent bodies” • Devin Miller • Mermaids Monthly 6
- “dry land” • Maria Zoccola • Strange Horizons, 7 June
- “Exquisite” • Lee Murray• Tortured Willows: Bent, Bowed, Unbroken, collab. antho. (Yuriko Publishing)
The 2022 Rhysling Chairs are F. J. Bergmann and Brian U. Garrison.
The Rhysling Award is given in two categories. “Best Long Poem” is for poems of 50+ lines, or for prose poems, of 500+ words. “Best Short Poem” is limited to poems of no more than 49 lines, or prose poems of no more than 499 words. Voting continues on the Long Poem category until November 1.
SFPA will hold an official award ceremony and reading at LosCon in November 2022.
The 2022 Rhysling Anthology edited by F.J. Bergmann and Brian U. Garrison, with cover Image by Michal Kvác, can be purchased at the SFPA site.