The Roswell Award and Feminist Futures Award: Celebrity Readings and Honors on May 21 will recognize outstanding new works of science fiction by emerging writers from across the United States and worldwide, including the winner of this year’s feminist themed sci-fi story.
The free virtual event starts 11:00 a.m. Pacific; Registration required. Use the Zoom Registration link: bit.ly/reg-roswell-ffa-2022
The program will feature dramatic readings by celebrity guests Following the readings, the authors will be honored for their writing.
- First, Second, and Third place Roswell Award winners will receive $500, $250, and $100 cash prizes.
- The First Place Roswell Award winner will receive a UCLA Extension Writers’ Program sponsored 11-week or shorter online course.
- “Beauty is the Beast” by Ven Pillay
- “Dr. Harriet Hartfeld’s Home for Aging AIs” by Paul Martz
- “Astronomology: or How Elon Musk killed Neil deGrasse Tyson” by Ed Marsh
- “Heart to Heart” by Susan Wachowski
- “Tyrannosaurus Mechs” by Gregory Norris
- “Falling Giants” by Camilla Linde
- “The Seventh Day is for Resting” by Florencia Hain
- “Bob’s Your Uncle” by Larry Herbst
- “Meat Ships Are the Worst” by Addison Marsh
THE 2022 ROSWELL AWARD Finalist Judges
- SB Divya
- Nicholas Meyers
- Danielle Costa
- Clifford Johnson
2022 FEMINIST FUTURES AWARD
- “Salt Water,” by Jane Smith
The Feminist Futures Award is an additional special prize category for a feminist themed sci-fi story. The winning story will be published by co-presenter Artemis Journal.
FEMINIST FUTURES HONORABLE MENTIONS
- “Maximum Potential Skill Level” by Didrik Dyrdal
- “Chrysanthemums are made to bloom” by Emma Uren
- “The Part of Paradise where our Anger comes from.” by Yuwinn Kraukamp