CSFFA Names 2022 Hall of Fame Inductees

The 2022 inductees into the Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Association Hall of Fame are:

  • Julie E. Czerneda: Fantasy and Science Fiction author and editor, and winner of seven Aurora Awards. Since 1997, Julie E. Czerneda has turned her love and knowledge of biology into science fiction novels and short stories that have received international acclaim, multiple awards, and best-selling status.
  • Ed Greenwood: Fantasy author, editor, and creator of the Forgotten Realms game world.  In 1979 he began writing articles about it for Dragon magazine and subsequently sold the rights to TSR.  He has published over 35 novels for TSR and contributed to over 200 books and game products for other publishers.
  • Hayden Trenholm: Science Fiction writer and editor, winner of five Aurora Awards, and publisher (Bundoran Press). Over the years, Hayden has published 4 novels and more than 30 short stories in the field. Despite his work as an editor (17 novels and 5 anthologies for Bundoran Press plus numerous freelance assignments) he has continued to write and consistently adds to his short fiction tally. 

More information about each of them is available on the CSFFA Hall of Fame webpage.

The CSFFA has also released two other special notices.

AURORA AWARDS. Voting for the 2022 Aurora Awards by CSFFA members is now open. Members of have until 11:59 p.m. Eastern on July 25 to cast their ballots. The awards will be live streamed on August 13, starting at 7:00 p.m. Eastern. The awards will be hosted by author, Mark Leslie Lefebvre in conjunction with When Words Collide a free virtual festival that weekend.

CSFFA WRITERS’ GRANT.  It is CSFFA’s vision and goal to not only promote and showcase Canadian writers but also to support them in their creative journey. To further support that vision, the organization has announced a grant to writers to pursue their dream.

This year they are offering grant funds of up to a total disbursement by CSFFA of $1,500cdn. This amount may be given or divided as per the successful applicant or applicants. This grant is to cover the cost of courses, convention attendance and or travel or professional development.

To apply must be a member of CSFFA and submit a 500-word proposal of what the endeavor is and how these funds will help achieve your goal. The grant will cover up to 75% of the costs, while the applicant must cover the remaining 25%.  The applicant must also include a description and weblink for the endeavor being covered.  All applications will be considered and reviewed by CSFFA. The successful applicants will be announced at this year’s Aurora Awards. Upon completion the successful applicant(s) are required to submit all receipts and a 500-word essay on the benefits of the grant.

All applications are be submitted to [email protected] between June 4, 2022 and July 2, 2022 @ 11:59:59 MST.